|Title||The Widowed Missionary’s Journal; Containing Some Account of Madagascar; and Also, a Narrative of the Missionary Career of the Rev. J. Jeffreys; Who Died on a Passage from Madagascar to the Isle of France, July 4, 1825, Aged 31 Years. By Keturah Jeffreys.|
|Publisher’s imprint||Southampton: Printed for the Author; and Sold by All the Booksellers. MDCCCXXVII .|
|Format||12o; 1 vol.: pp. x. 203. (list of subscribers)|
|Sources||Corvey; NSTC 2J4166|
|Copy inspected||Google Oxford|
1) T.p. epigraph: [“Thy way, O God, is in the Sea, and thy Path in the Great Waters, and thy footsteps are not known.” Ps. lxxvii. 2.]; from Ps. 77:19.
2) Dedicated ‘To Her Grace the Duchess of Beaufort’ [Lady Charlotte Sophia (Leveson-Gower), Duchess of Beaufort (1771-1854)].
3) Contains list of subscribers.
4) Preface by Joseph Fletcher (1784-1843; ODNB), Congregational minister and theological writer.
5) Reviews: Congregational Mag. 11.40, n.s. (Apr. 1828): 216; Baptist Mag. 3, ser. 3 (May 1828): 193-99.
6) Full text links: Google
|BTW record no.||BTW1094|